kate123

By Kate123

East Yorkshire , United Kingdom Gb

Hi all, just wondered if anyone can identify this plant please?
I bought it from a florist in August, selling outdoor plants too. However, it didn’t have a label on!
Thanks, it’s doing quite well on the rockery.

8e762277_f3e9_47f9_9373_1a20cb5fcc94

Answers

I have a horrible feeling that is Mind your own business. Soleirolia soleiroli. If it is then it is a total take over thug.

Hywel posted a photo of this plant growing in a pot. Take a look at it Kate.

I agree it is Soleirolia and if it is I 'd take it out or it will take over your garden. My middle brother [the none gardener] bought one 5 yrs ago and is now spraying with glyphosate regularly to eradicate it.

Yes as Shirley has said I posted a photo of it recently and you clicked the 'like' button for it Kate.
Although it is a pretty little plant I would put it in a pot, because it spreads quite a lot and can become a nuisance.

I love this chartreuse color. Maybe you can contain it somehow.

It certainly looks like SS,Kate...that has reminded me to clear that area!It is so difficult to eradicate.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. Oh dear, it sounds a prolific nightmare! What a pity. Yes, I remember liking it Hywel, I thought it may have been the same plant. Wasn’t too sure. I liked the pretty little leaves and the lushness, but, I’ll have to rethink this now. ☹️

You could keep it in a pot like I do :)

Hi Hywel, sounds a plan. Your pic of it in a pretty colourful pot looks effective.

Thank you … I hope you can find a nice pot for it :)

Thanks Hywel, it gives me a good excuse to go garden centre shopping! ;)

What could be better :D

Sometimes people who have a Japanese garden (or Japanese area) use this as ground cover as it spreads more quickly than moss. I like it!

Hi Sheila, my OH really likes it too. He’s keen for it to spread all over. His rationale is; the rockery is quite long and steep-ish and after many years of trying out lots of plants, he thinks this may be a solution...

If it's for a large area ,Kate,where nothing else seems to thrive,this could be the one.....It grows into a sort of loose matting which I've found easy to remove if needed.It does always look fresh.